High Density Pallet Flow Systems
Pallet flow storage racking provides superior density and FIFO capabilities over all other storage systems. It uses slightly inclined wheeled tracks to store multiple deep pallets in a condensed space. Pallets are loaded on one side and slowly flow toward the opposite aisle for retrieval using first-in/first-out (FIFO) inventory rotation. Systems can range from 2 to 10 pallets deep depending on the application.
Pallet flow storage racking works best with a limited number of high-volume SKUs. One of the most expensive system types, pallet flow also requires additional vertical clearance for inclined rails which may result in lost pallet positions if ceiling height is an issue.
Advantages | Considerations:
- Double the capacity vs. conventional pallet rack storage
- More productive – less travel time between aisles
- FIFO inventory rotation – ideal for dated goods
- Higher cost per pallet position
- Additional height required per level